Re: Interior Door Panels

Subject: Re: Interior Door Panels
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:54:04 -0400
Mike Razor wrote:

> It is nice and warm today and I am going to try and get my
> interior door panels to look nice and straight again.  I have
> some stiff board material and the old material (vinyl).   I
> think it needs some type of padding in between the stiffener
> and the covering material.  I think that the holes where the
> mounting screws go are no longer going to be lined up and I
> may have to get some new material cut.  Also, how is the
> material attached to the stiffener?  I think it needs to be
> stapled some how and my wife thinks duct tape will hold it.
> THANKS!
> MIKE R

I rebuilt my door panels for the obvious reasons. Masonite (tempered if
possible) makes a good stiff backing, over which I used a thin sheet of
plastic foam packing material (the kind they wrap delicate stuff in
instead of bubble wrap). The masonite was laid on top of the
vinyl/padding. Pull the vinyl edges around to the back side, shoot some
3M spray adhesive and use short staples to help hold. Duct tape probably
won't last long.

Easy to do & looks great.

Gary
74 B