Re: beware the obvious......

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: beware the obvious......
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:32:04 +0000
miker15@juno.com wrote:

> The GT has been running horribly
> - using oil and giving off clouds under load - but chatting with
> Norm Sippel he suggested the diaphragm in the PCV valve - guess
> what......brittle and with a nice split! - fortunately Bob had one
> and it really has made a huge difference -

Been there... done that (PCV stuff gone and all is more wonderful now)

> Bob reckons the car needs rings

Been there... done that (new rings - and bearings while we are at it)

> Goes to show you do get lucky sometimes (hear that Eric??)

Hmmmm I am going to assume that dumping a whole lot of oil/smoke when I
hit 60mph yesterday was just a transient protest at throwing her around
a race track a few days ago.... and that the loud metallic backfiring
when idling down from speed in fourth is the same.... (who said anything
about 'timing'?).

Hey, she treated me rough so I did the same (and I am older than her).

We will see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Luck?  I don't need no stinkin' LUCK!  (actually I have forgotten what
LUCK is!)

Eric
'68MGB MkII