What temp?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What temp?
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:13:32 -0400
granted... disregarding elevation, humidity, and all the other
DETAILS.... what is the norm. or the optimal temp at which an
18V engine should operate.165? 175? 185? 195?

I tracked the resistance of a sensor in a pan of water on the stove
as I heated it. With resistance in hand I am going to simulate the
resistance
in the car to calibrate the gauge so I know what the temp actually is.

Since the scale on the temp. gauge can be fiddled with, I'm going to
simulate the resistance measured, and then re-trim the gauge so I know
what the temp really is on the gauge display.

Paul Tegler
OB - 1973 MGBGT (Blaze Red, (orange))
YB - 1973 MGBGT (Primrose Yellow)
Millersville, MD (South of Baltimore, North of Annapolis)
wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm