Re: What temp?

To: wizardz@maxinter.net
Subject: Re: What temp?
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:04:03 -0500
  From what I've read about the B and focussing my 30 + years in repair,
tuning and building engines, I believe the B engine was meant to operate
at  a coolant temp of about 195 - 200 degrees F at the sensing point.
Note that I am not talking about the thermostat's full-open temp.

  More  modern cars run a lot hotter.  I think it should be kept in mind
that engine coolants are used at over the boiling point of water all the
time.  That's why the cooling systems are pressurized.

  CR