MGB WONT START !

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB WONT START !
From: Jeremy Anthony Kinsey <jer@mia.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 99 01:41:36 -0500
Ok, after 5 years we have our B just about there.. I cannot get the
engine to turn over.  It ran last about 4 years ago and only has 17k
miles after the rebuild.  I am wondering if half the junk that I took off
and have put back on (electrical system) has a fault some where?  I have
power on the starter (via my handy little test light) and when I turn the
key, I don't even here a click out of the starter.  Is there something I
am missing relavant to allowing this car to start?  I have it out of gear
and pushed in the clutch.. I am wondering if this problem is related to
the fact that in the early 70's a lot of cars had that "seat
belt/starter" thing???  If this is the case, is there a way to bypass
this?

Anyway, this is a 74 1/2 MGB.

thanx,

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
Systems Admin

Mia.Net                                Maria's Internet Access
                                            www.mia.net
                                           www.dslone.com
Bella Mia, Inc.
N6015 Lyons Road                        e-mail: jer@mia.net
Burlington, WI. 53105          Phone: (414)763-5420  Fax: (414)763-5421
USA                                    Pager:  (414)515-1388
    Full Service Dial-In Internet Access DSL and Colocation Services