Re: seatbelt recall

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seatbelt recall
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 19:50:35 -0500
Enough!
This is beyond ridiculous now.
I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a seatbelt scientist, I'm not really worried about
my MG's seatbelts.
I say that if you bought your MG off of the showroom floor and haven't had
"satisfaction" from your recall request since BL sent you the letter, then
you have a legitimate claim, maybe...How many original owners of MGs are
there?
If you don't like your seatbelts, then SUCK IT UP and buy new ones. These
cars are old. It is silly (I'm using "nice" language, which can be difficult
for a soldier like me, choose your expletive if you must) to expect to have
the seatbelts of a car that is 20+ years old replaced based on an old recall
notice..and I mean OLD. I was 7 years old when my car was sold.
We need to quit expecting the "corporate establishment" to do things that
common sense tells us we could do ourselves, without making lawyers rich.
Responsibility is not JUST for "entities" such as companies, it's for
individuals too. Fix the seat belts, fix the brakes, and drive your MG
intelligently. DON'T blame SUV/Truck owners if you drive in front of them or
do something else that's stupid, either.
This "letigiousness" is revolting to me.
SIGH >> There. I'm done. Thankyou, sirs and ma'ams. I feel like splashing
someone with champagne and throwing a glove on the floor now...:)
Dan
73 B