Re: Oil pressure

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:45:42 -0700 (PDT) (19:45 UT)
>Sometimes at a light the idle of my 67B drops quite a bit and what
 concerns me is that the oil pressure will drop to between 10-20 psi from
 the cruising pressure of 55-60 psi. Bad gauge? Need to run up idle? need
 big work?
<Carl F

 Low pressure at idle is normal.  Your at-speed pressure is a little low,
though.  Nothing to rush out and do a rebuild, but normal is 60-80 lbs.
Mine was creeping down to 60, so last time I had the engine out for a
tranny rebuild (botched!!!), I replaced the oil pump and put in the
upgraded pressure spring and now my at-speed is about 78 lbs.  My engine
has 135,000 miles on it.  My idle is about 30-40 lbs.
As to your idle dropping, mine does too.  I haven't found any vacuum leaks
other than loose SU shafts.  One of these days I will send my money to
Lawrie for those rebuilt bodies....

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*