Re: overheated engine

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: overheated engine
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:52:18 -0700 (PDT) (19:52 UT)
>My engine died.  The MG Shop guy says that some pistons are toast, and
 most likely the head could be cracked.  He doesn't want to rebuild it,
 but wants to sell me another rebuilt for (drum roll) $2000.00 That's US
<dollars.

 GET A SECOND OPINION.  It sounds like this guy has an agenda (and an engine)
he's selling.  It may not be as bad as he's making out.
Then get a Haynes manual, it has a step-by-step on yanking the engine.
I don't remove the hood. I do remove the engine and transmission, as
recommended.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*