Introduction and a question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction and a question
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:44:52 -0700
--------------045A407883402AA4B9D32853

Howdy ya all....

I'v been watching the list for about a week or so now.  I'm new to it so I'll
take
a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Dennis Cox.  I live in Sunnyvale, CA.
Thats in the SF Bay Area.  I have a 67 MGB that I'v owned about 12 years.  It is
getting close to finishing its "reserection" (as opposed to restoration).    A
lot
of work has been done so far, suspension, brakes, wheels and tires, etc...  At
the
moment I am rebuilding the engine.  It been bored to 30 over, crank turned,
balanced, new oil pump..  etc...

Now for my question...  I had D. Elgin do the cam, there 7008-10 grind.  I have
the Kent adjustable gear.  I have a degree wheel and a dial indicator.  Can any
of
you explain the process of indexing the cam?  The cam has 108 degree lobe
centers
and I want to set peak lift to 104 degrees.  Also any coments on performance cam
selection would be appreciated.

thanx for any help

Dennis
67 MGB