Re: Water Wetter Works?

To: jvr@pclink.com
Subject: Re: Water Wetter Works?
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:01:21 +0000
Check out www.redlineoil.com for info on their products, I've had good
luck with all the stuff I've tried.  I should mention that I do not work
for them.

Bob wrote...

> If you have tried Water Wetter, I would like to hear from you,
> since I'm considering using it in my Midget 1500 and A/H 3000.

Go buy some right now.  While you're there, get some Red Line MTL for
the transmission - it makes a noticable difference, no kidding.  Full
specs on WW are at

http://www.redlineoil.com/wwti.htm

more than you ever wanted to know.

> Did it work?

Absolutely.  Temp in my car dropped by probably 20 percent of the travel
of the gauge (below the "n" now).  I always put in a bottle with my
coolant in both cars - 25% antifreeze, the rest water, top it off with
the Water Wetter (warm climate).

For racing conditions, I believe REd Line recommends you run it with
just water.

> What kind of LBC did you use it in?

1973 B, stock, very original (too original in fact).

> Do you have any idea how much it actually reduced the
> coolant temp?

20 degrees, something like that?  Don't know, never measured it.
Whatever moving from just above N to midway between N and C is.  Coolant
measured at about 175 last time I checked it after it'd been idling for
a while.

And the temp gauge is much better behaved in traffic.  I only wish the
rest of the car behaved as well as the cooling sys.

http://www.redlineoil.com/watrwet.htm claims up to 30deg. F

> How long does it last?

I change my coolant every year, so it lasts a year.  It doesn;t expire
any faster than the rest of the fluid.

> Any bad side effects?

Not so far.  Safe for bronze, aluminum, iron, probably safe for
cardboard.

--
Karl Shultz
95 Integra GS-R, black, loud, low, stiff and (sometimes) fast