Re: Water Wetter Works?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water Wetter Works?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:51:31 +1000
Hi all,

>several years, but have it in a Miata and the temp gauge never goes over N
>anyway.  Haven't driven an MG with it enough to say if it keeps the coolant

I've never understood why these treatments are necessary, to me if your car
is going past N then you have some other kind of problem causing the
overheating. We have 100+ temps here in Aus. and my BGT idles nicely in that
weather (even if I am STUCK to the back of the seat with sweat!! *yuk*) and
never goes past N. The only time it has overheated is when my Thermostat was
toast, my Water pump was not working, a water leak somewhere or my Radiator
was blocked. I'm not saying the WW doesn't work but I'd look elsewhere first
if your car is getting hot. As others have said it could be lots of other
reasons too, ie fuel, bad oil, ignition settings, fan on the wrong way,
blown head gaskets etc.

I'd like to hear from any people out there that bought their MG's new and
see if their cars overheated in hot weather at the time, I'd think this is
just an old car syndrome not the way they actually are when in good health.

Cheers,
Neil.