Re: Water Wetter Works?

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Water Wetter Works?
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:32:13 -0700
Word on the street is that jvr@pclink.com said:
> If you have tried Water Wetter, I would like to hear from you,
> since I'm considering using it in my Midget 1500 and A/H 3000.
> Did it work?

It reduced my waiting-in-traffic-on-a-hot-day temp by about 10 degrees.
However, I changed the entire coolant to a 60/40 water/af mixture at
the same time, and I don't know what the PO had in before, so that might
have had something to do with it as well.

> What kind of LBC did you use it in?

1966 MGB

> Do you have any idea how much it actually reduced the
> coolant temp?

~ 10 deg

> How long does it last?

You should change your coolant every 2 years, I believe.

> Any bad side effects?

None, although I wouldn't recommend drinking the stuff.

If you live in a very hot climate you may want to consider installing the
165 deg thermostat (moss #434-180) for the summer as well...

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375