Re: Fuel pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pump
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:02:49 +0510
Jason Dutt wrote:

> > Does anyone have good experience with a substitute pump, like a
> > NAPA?
>
> My $0.02 would be go with the SU.  It's the right part for the car,
> and again, in my experience, trying to cheap out with an aftermarket
> part just leads to trouble.

I'll second this...

I bought my car with a cheapy pump installed.  The constant ticking was
driving me mad, as was the occasional problems with fuel starvation
under heavy load.  I swapped it for an SU and haven't looked back since
(in about six months).

Also having the SU pump just 'feels' right for the car... go figure! :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII