Beware the Dark Side, Lucas Skywalker

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beware the Dark Side, Lucas Skywalker
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 13:05:20 -0400
Have fun with this one:

I replaced the cigarette lighter in my 72 B yesterday (trite, I know, but
necessary to use the cell phone should disaster strike), and the Lucas gods
taunted me.  I can't seem to get the light to work.  The lighter itself is
fine, but no dice on the little light bulb.  Here's what I did:

First hooked the bulb and lead to the proper red and black wires...nothing
happens.  Checked the bulb and lead by hooking it to a 9V...it shines away.
I then hooked the light and lead up to the purple and black wires from the
map light (the purple wire that goes to the door switch).  Mind you, these
wires work fine with the map light.  Unfortulately, the lighter bulb did
not.  Hook the wires back to where they belong for the map light, and it
shines away.  Hook them up to the lighter bulb and lead, nothing.  What's
the deal?