Re: The VickyBrit Attitude.

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: The VickyBrit Attitude.
From: Ericsmgs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:46:23 EDT
Right on Charley!

I once ordered all components needed to rebuild a 1600 A motor. Everything
was right except for the bearings.  I ordered .010, and VB shipped .020's.  I
called them on the phone and they sent the correct bearings NEXT DAY AIR!
Additionally, I've often over ordered parts in anticipation of problems
during repairs.  After repairs were done, I followed the procedures and
returned parts for a FULL REFUND.

No, the sales people aren't motorheads, they are order entry personnel.  I
don't think you should expect them to be able to tell you how to rebuild your
motor.  That's not their job.  If you need info on how to work on your car,
buy a shop manual!  If you're afraid to do it yourself, pay someone else to
do it.  Experienced auto mechanics and restorers have learned the ins and
outs of the business by research and trial and error.  Yes, you'll make some
mistakes and maybe even damage or destroy something.  That's how you learn!
Too many people often use everyone else's experience as a crutch.

At any rate, I've never expected anything from VB except for parts, and that
is all I've ever got.  If I order on Monday, I normally have parts by
Thursday.  With Moss, its anywhere from 7 - 12 days.  And, probably 90% of
the parts VB carries are the same parts carried by everyone else.  I mean,
how many companies in the world actually manufacture overdrive parts for
Laycock overdrives? or door skins for B's? or heater vavles?  or Lucas fuel
pump points?

Eric S.
Formerly known as Ericssmc@aol.com