RE: STEERING GONE BAD

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: STEERING GONE BAD
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:31:37 -0400
> the extremes. Been there (on my B), bought a new rack and love it.

Is this the general opinion of the list...to replace the rack rather than
attempt to rebuilt it?  I haven't looked in to it much, but I know that mine
is a bit worse for the wear.  Not a lot of play, but a nasty "clunk" when I
turn to the extremes sometimes.  As a matter of fact, I'm not even certain
the sound is from the rack or not, but I can certainly feel it in the
steering wheel, and everything else up there is new.  It seems to only do
this when I'm backing up, but I rarely find myself cranking the steering
that far unless I'm sqeezing myself out from between cars in my driveway.  I
need a bigger garage... <g>

=J=