Re: Windshield Fogging

To: Elaine Hubbard <ehubbard@traveller.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield Fogging
From: Nory P <nory_midget@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
>Do all MGB windshields (windscreens)
>eventually fog (if not broken first by >accidents,
stones, etc.)?  The
>windshield on my '68 BGT is fogged
>about 1.5 inches up across the bottom
>plus somewhat more in the lower
>corners.  I have located a parts car
>(also a '68) with what appears to be
>an unfogged windshield.  If it has a
>reasonable chance to remain unfogged,
>then the cost of the parts car is
>worth while.  What is the collective
>experience out there? John Hubbard '68 >MGB GT (Mr.
Green)
>www.hsv.tis.net/~ehubbard/mgb-gt

I've wondered about this myself.  My '74 Midget
(originally from Florida) had a terrible case of
fogging.  The '71 parts car had only minor fogging.
Since that car had spent it's years (the last 12 in
storage as a project/parts car) up north, I assumed
the real bad fogging on the other car was from the
much stronger sunshine down south.  Then I brought up
my '71 5-speed from Tennessee, with a completely
fog-free windshield.  Now, I know they don't get as
much sun in Tenn as they do in Fl, but they get more
than we do in western NY, so my sun theory went out
the, uh, windshield.

What about everybody else?  What causes the fog?  Is
there any way to buff it out or anything?  Or is
replacement the only solution?

===

***The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail, as
before, to Nory@webtv.net
-----NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the ONLY
problem.