Re: Windshield Fogging

To: ehubbard@traveller.com
Subject: Re: Windshield Fogging
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:15:44 EDT
John,
  A windshield fogs because water gets into the plastic middle layer of
the laminated windshield glass. It gets there when it leaks into the
rubber seal around the windshield.
  So, to answer your question---No, not all MGB windshields fog up. But,
since the rubber seals are now 25+ years old, most leak and most
windshields do fog.
If the rubber seal on the new windshield assembly seems to be in good
condition, you might loosen the screws holding the metal frame together,
squeeze some windshield sealant into the seal ( or replace the rubber
seal with a new one) and install the new assembly into your car.
Bob