Re: LH-type overdrive won't release

To: hoops@owt.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LH-type overdrive won't release
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:31:07 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/99 10:39:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hoops@owt.com
writes:

<< Help!  My new overdrive engages immediately, but is reluctant to
 disengage.  Sometime it takes several minutes for the O/D to disengage,
 and when it does it is always very sudden.  The  O/D will even stay
 engaged as I shift down to second and first.  Very simple wiring and I
 know it is correct and the switches work.  I replaced all of the o-rings
 when I had it out of the car.  Anybody been there, done that???

 Lonn Howard
 '70 TR6  -mine
 '71 TR6  -in my garage
 '70 MGB GT  -ours
 '89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

 "We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."

air- >>
Lonn,
     Are you sure that you have the correct quanity(6 pints) and correct
weight(20w-50) oil in your O/D tranny. Mine is a 1974 model and works very
smoothly..Also, is your transmission ground strap in place and connected to a
body panel that is shiny clean? Paint can insulate a ground.
yours, H4(Howard)