Re: MG Sightings - Chicago

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Sightings - Chicago
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 06:01:42 EDT
eric@erickson.on.net writes:

<< Now Sydney would be a little different.  That city requires a
 forcefulness and aggression that maybe you couldn't pull off in a little
 'B all the time.  Adelaide drivers wait for a gap, indicate and then
 change lanes where in Sydney you indicate and move - people know you are
 coming across and just get out of your way, *most* of the time!  Getting
 across four of five lanes on the Harbour Bridge was always fun!  My
 station wagon was great in those situations, but for parking... well you
 are silly if you go into Sydney expecting to find curbside parking
 anyway :-)

 That was six or seven years ago... any better now Neil???  :-)

 Eric >>

I'd draw the same comparison between Dallas drivers and NYC drivers where I
just visited. Hesitation (or politeness) in NYC is viewed as a weakness. I
quickly corrected for this and even parking "by ear" in the village to the
applause of two natives in the back seat of my rental car.

R. Johnson - Dallas