Re: #2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: #2 Cylinder Not Firing -> Ignition....
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:26:01 +1000
Mike,

>wire,  I only get it to light intermittently as if there is no spark going
>to the plug.  The misses revealed by the timing light coincide with mini
>backfires from the exhaust.

>I put a new cap and rotor, a new wire (Accel 8mm Silicone, and I tried
>different ones, even ones I KNEW to be good), and a new NGK plug.  It's
>still only gets intermittent spark. The spark is more consistant at higher

Hmm if you've replaced all that stuff and are still getting intermittant
spark with an inductive pickup hooked up to that wire, but fine with all
others -  to me it sounds like you must have some failure with that
Optowhatchamacallitthingymajig. <G> Going WAY out on a limb, but isn't that
a light triggered rotating disc or something? Maybe the #2 position is
stuffed on the disc? Any listers with optowhatchamacallit expertise? Or can
ya chuck it in the bin and get the 45DE4 to do it's stuff the way it's
supposed to? :)

Cheers,
Neil.