Silly Question (Front Springs)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silly Question (Front Springs)
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:15:32 -0400
The ongoing war with my suspension continues, but I think I've come across
some interesting information.

Remember:  About the only challenge I have left is the fact that the "stock"
springs from Moss left my car at a rather low height...about an inch lower
than the 13.5 height recommended by Doug at www.mgbmga.com.

Here's the question:  If the Bentley manual's specs for springs say a 9.9"
free height, why is it that the Moss springs are only 9 5/8" free, and this
fact doesn't seem to bother anyone?

I'm considering having a local spring shop custom wind a set of springs for
me to the Bentley manual specs, just as an experiment.  They will do it for
a reasonable expense...

Best Regards,

=J=