RE: Silly Question (Front Springs)

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Silly Question (Front Springs)
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:58:33 -0500
Well, the difference between 9 and 5/8" and 9.9" is only about 3/8 of 1
inch, which means that if the ride height is changed (supposedly) by a full
inch, then something else is going on here. Are the new springs "stock" or
did you buy springs with higher numbers (e.g. special tuning springs with an
increased poundage rating)? Are you measuring "ride height" at the exact
spot to be able to make an accurate comparison? What was the "ride height"
prior to installing the new springs? Does the fact that the ride height is
an inch under "spec" cause any problems (e.g. clearance, bottoming, etc)?
just some thoughts/questions :)

~alan
'71B

Reply to:
Alan Lott
GTA, Auburn Univeristy
Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education

My Office-      (334) 844-2092
Department-     (334) 844-5943
Fax-            (334) 844-2080