Fwd: MGB timing question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: MGB timing question
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:32:06 EDT
--part1_b655fbf8.24c12906_boundary

Sorry if this is a duplicate....the first time I sent it, it didn't seem to
go.......

--part1_b655fbf8.24c12906_boundary

From: Nferre@aol.com
Full-name: Nferre
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:23:21 EDT
Subject: MGB timing question
To: mgs@autox.team.net

Hi Gang!!

I have a wierd timing problem with my 79 MGB.  I just installed a Lucas 45D
distributor with an Ignitor ignition.

I initially set the timing to 15 degrees ATDC with the vacuum advance
plugged.  Then I reattached the vacuum advance.  She was sluggish, pinged and
ran rather warm.  When I got back home, I checked the timing and it was off
the scale.  Way too advanced.

I tried a few other settings, and am currently now at 15 degrees ATDC with
the vacuum advance hooked up.  She won't run without it hooked up.  Also,
when the vacuum advance is attached....the timing retards under acceleration.

I've not gotten a chance to drive it, as the battery went flat through all of
the starting, shutting down etc.  It's on the charger now.

Any ideas????

Nels Ferre
79 MGB

--part1_b655fbf8.24c12906_boundary--