Re: Tractors and things

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tractors and things
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:40:42 -0700
Clausager relates that the MGC engine is derived both from the A-H
3-liter and the BMC Australia 2.4 liter Blue Streak 6, which had 7 main
bearings compared to the Austin's 4. The C had the bore and stroke of the
Austin with the bottom end design of the Blue Streak. So your "unlikely
song-and-dance" was true.

The original BMC C series 6 cyl. engine (2.6 liter, as in the A-H 100-6)
was based on the Austin B-series 4 with 2 cylinders added, as you say,
but apparently intended for automotive use from the first (Austin,
Morris, Riley, Wolseley saloons).

The last vehicle to receive the 1800 B-series engine was apparently the
"Sherpa", which seems to have been some sort of small lorry. Can any UK
listers confirm this?

Johnmowog@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim