RE: Stump the experts: MG not level

To: vaders@wilkes.net
Subject: RE: Stump the experts: MG not level
From: Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:33:52 -0700
Dennis,

There has been much discussion about this very subject... and I'm fighting
it too!  Time has not allowed me to complete my quest, but this is what I've
gathered from the discussions.

The problem with sagging is common... perhaps more with Midgets than B's.
The symptom is lower on the left for LHD and lower on the right for RHD.
Replace any parts you want to (i.e. bushings, springs, etc.) and when all is
said and done, buy a lowering kit for the rear and only use it on the high
side (you can make a lowering block, but will have to find a longer u-bolt
to install it).

Sounds crazy, but the sagging condition is attributed to years of wear and
often there is nothing that can be done but to artificially level as
described.

Good Luck!

Matt
'72 B Roadster