Re: Stump the experts: MG not level

To: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>, Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com
Subject: Re: Stump the experts: MG not level
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:27:21 -0700
>From what I have seen, this is not an uncommon problem.
As a matter of fact, I have the same problem on my '74 B. :(
What I have been told is that the condition is basically
caused by the fact that MG's are often driven driver only
(no passenger) for years on end.  This basically causes
the car to "settle"  (for lack of a better term) on the side
which is always under the stress of the weight of the driver.

I remember seeing an article on web a couple of years back
discussing possible ways of correcting this problem.
At the time I was concentrating on other problems with my MG
so I told myself that I would come back to that site at a later
date and re-visit that particular issue.  Problem is, I can not
remember now where I saw the article. >:(

If anybody comes up with a good solution to this problem
pleas let me know.

Maybe we can trade suspensions with cars that originally had right
hand drive. ;)

Thanks,

-JW

~= Early 1974 MGB =~