Re: Bleeding brake and clutch systems

To: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bleeding brake and clutch systems
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:03:58 -0700
On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 01:39:20AM -0600, Calvin Krug wrote:
> I'm looking for any ideas that might save me some time.  I have one of
> those MityVac units, but it doesn't seem to do much except pull air in
> around the bleeder screw threads, and the last time I did the brakes
> manually, I thought I was going to wear the pedal out.  Should I bench
> bleed the master cylinders first, or is this not necessary?
> The clucth m/c is already on the car and hooked up, but the brake m/c isn't
> yet.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated

It is good to bleed the brake master cyl before you put it back in
the car.

When I bled my clutch, I did it before putting the tranny in.
I put a c-clamp on the slave to keep it from shooting out
and while bleeding it I turned it so that the bleed valve was
at the top where the air bubble would be.

   Larry