Fuel tank

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel tank
From: "Terry O'Brien" <mgrepairs@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
It seems that when I top off the fuel tank on my '77B the top 15% of
the fuel seems to disappear.  The car is equipped with an evaporation
loss system, which appears to be intact.  I have not notice an obvious
leak, but there are modest gasoline odors in the boot.  Replacing the
hoses in the boot has made no difference.

Living with it has not been a problem, but while surfing some LBC
sites, I found someone that said all B's have leaking tanks.
Considering that he was offering to fix them, I was not overly
concerned.

Should I be?  Where is the top of my tank going?

===
Terry O'Brien, RDU/NC/USA
-'77 MG B (daily driver)
-'82 Dodge Ram 50