RE: Water pump pulley

To: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: RE: Water pump pulley
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:35:36 -0400
Good Luck.  Last night I wrestled with the rusted-solid thing and ended up
bending the fan (Woops).  Ah well...it'll be nice to have a nice new shiny
fan and pully assembly on my new alternater... <grin>

Really...I'm not sure that the use of a torch will do any good if the nut is
as rusted on as mine was.  Torches aren't really for the "corroded solid"
application, are they?  Besides, if you have any intention of turning the
alternator in for core exchange, or having it rebuilt for you, you may end
up melting things you don't want to melt if you use the torch too much.

=J=