Re: list hat

To: "Bill Schooler" <schooler@erols.com>
Subject: Re: list hat
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:58:51 -0700
Didn't mean to be nasty, but if a server uses M$ NT IIS then there are
some extensions that are loaded to make it a "proprietary" server. Front
Page stuff. I am not sure of all the details as we avoid NT and use UNIX
for our servers. I just woke up on Monday AM after a long but fun
weekend, and over reacted.  But I do that once in a while. ;-)
I Understand now that it is more of a coding problem and not necessarily
his fault.

A big Sorry to Skye!!

Larry

>Larry,
>
>I suspect you misunderstood what Skye meant...he didn't create that web
>site with IE but simply mentioned something that I have seen also.  If
>the HTML code writer is not careful, some things put together with IE
>cannot be read/viewed by a Netscape browser.
>
>We have noted this with our club web site.  I use Netscape and the
>webmaster uses the MS product.  On more that one occassion, I've had to
>act as a Netscape Beta tester for him.  I tell him that it doesn't work
>and he takes some action to fix it.  (Where are standards when we really
>need them???)
>
>I can't see the graphic either...didn't even know there was one on that
>site.
>
>Bill
>
>Larry Macy wrote:
>>
>> What????
>> You kowtow to the great Washington $$$ Factory. I refuse to use any M$
>> product if there is a better one out there. I find Netsacpe more
>> reasonable to use. I was going to go see these but now I am hurt.
>> C'mon Skye you own a unique automobile - don't use BORG technology. Or at
>> least let us "others" in.
>>
>> Larry

>> >... and note that you can only see the pictures if you're using Internet
>> >Explorer.   :P
>> >
>> >Skye
>> >
>> >--
>> >1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
>> >GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375
>>
>> Larry Macy
>> 78 Midget
>>
>> Keep your top down and your chin up.
>>
>> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
>> macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
>> System Manager/Administrator
>> Neuropsychiatry Section
>> Department of Psychiatry
>> University of Pennsylvania
>> 3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
>> Philadelphia, PA 19104
>>
>> In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
>> gates?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager