Re: Oderous cockpit

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Scott/Michelle" <mcjsr@talstar.com>
Subject: Re: Oderous cockpit
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 19:44:41 -0500
You didn't mention where you live. If you don't live in a state that
requires a smog inspection, and it runs well, why bother? If you do...then
do they require a visual or just an emissions test? If just emissions, you
may still not have anything to worry about if your car is properly tuned.
Remember, the 70s technology of smog control was more effective at choking
the engine than reducing bad smoke coming out of the tail pipe! This is one
"DPO" fix that may not be all that bad. Of course, having the original stuff
to install some day may be a good thing, but it's not necessary if you drive
it and Big Brother doesn't want to test it.
Dan
73 B

.."wow no smog control". I didn't even know I was