New Lotus Elise

To: mgb <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Lotus Elise
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:42:06 +0000
So have you all checked out the New Lotus Elise 340R - I think they are
still calling it the 340R.

This was the concept car that got such huge reactions from motor shows
that they have given it the go-ahead to go into production ( a limited
production run ).

I was told (MG content) that it has a 'worked' MGF/Rover motor that
yields quite a bit more grunt, but that could be just an enthusiastic
LBC person's fantasy.  Someone might want to let us in on that one.

Some call it ugly... others call it... UGLY... but I still think I
wouldn't mind throwing it around a sprint or two!!!!

Check out the images at...t see much different from this motorshow model
and the one that they reckon is going to hit the road (for quite a few
dollars).

http://www.cnapan.demon.co.uk/motorshow98/340r.htm

A production 'open' wheeler... hmmmmm

Eric