Re: urgent help

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: urgent help
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:40:36 -0700
I believe any MGB head will *fit*, but not all the components are
interchangeable. Depending on what you are keeping and what you get with
the new head, you need to be aware that not all the rocker shafts are the
same, and neither are the valves. I'm not sure what else, if anything.

I find it hard to believe about the Datsun roadster head. People seem to
assume that the Datsun is a copy of the MGB, but if it is, they must have
had a hell of an industrial espionage presence in Abingdon, since the
Datsun was actually on the market first. You can look it up.

But then, they could have copied the basic engine design from the earlier
MGA 1500 version, I suppose. Though who knows why...? Anyway, Datsun
roadster engines are considerably rarer than MGB engines, anyway, so it
doesn't seem that would be a practical alternative.

Larry Colen had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149