Re: urgent help

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: urgent help
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:10:41 -0700
On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 04:40:36PM -0700, Max Heim wrote:

> I find it hard to believe about the Datsun roadster head. People seem to
> assume that the Datsun is a copy of the MGB, but if it is, they must have
> had a hell of an industrial espionage presence in Abingdon, since the
> Datsun was actually on the market first. You can look it up.
>
> But then, they could have copied the basic engine design from the earlier
> MGA 1500 version, I suppose. Though who knows why...? Anyway, Datsun
> roadster engines are considerably rarer than MGB engines, anyway, so it
> doesn't seem that would be a practical alternative.

I wouldn't have thought so, but there was a Datsun Roadster head
at British Motorsports that Dave said had come in bolted to an MGB motor.
I know that some people like using the roadster cam rather than the MGB
cam in MGB race motors.

The advantage of the Datsun head would be that it is a crossflow and
one port per cylinder, this would give much better breathing.

--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.