Re: Seat Kits

To: David Moore <davohnoo@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Kits
From: Scott Hower <howersl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
David,

Never fear... that stiffener is your friend.

You need a roll of tape (masking tape worked just
fine for me.)

If memory serves me, here's what I did:

First, clean the frame with thinner and let it dry.
Form the seat back cushion around the frame, take
your time and get it smooth.

Tape the stiffener to the frame/foam, starting at
the top in the center.  Work outwards keeping it
aligned with the curve of the seat top.  Again,
take your time and ensure it lines up.  I think
I used at least 1/3 roll of tape to keep it in place.

Dont worry about how it looks, it will be covered
by the seat back.   The tape only serves to hold it
in place until it is molded to shape.

When all is done, cut a plastic Hefty bag and tape
this to the foam, it makes sliding the seat cover
on MUCH MUCH easier.  You will never know it is
there.

Good luck...

--Scott

--- David Moore <davohnoo@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience installing the
> leather aftermarker Moss
> leather seat kits for later MGB's?
> The back stffener is supplied flat and I am kind of
> afraid of it.
>
> If I don't get something done soon I will miss the
> ABFM this weekend in
> Portland Oregon.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DCM
> 71BGT with partially installed interior.

===
Scott Hower -> howersl@yahoo.com