RE: Seat Kits

To: David Moore <davohnoo@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Seat Kits
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:47:25 -0700
David:

        The back stiffener card can be steamed slightly to make it easier to
shape.  It will work ok dry tho'.  Use a contact adhesive and tape to hold
the card to the frame while the glue takes.

        The card is included along with extra padding in the custom leather
kits because the extra seat back is cut slightly differently from the
original.

        The stock seat back cards are also supplied flat and installed in
the same manner.  No biggie, they just make the back of the seat have a nice
smooth bowed shape.

        Just a suggestion.  Upholstery is something that can be installed by
a DIY owner to great effect, but there is no substitute for the experience
and tools of a professional.  If you feel uncomfortable with installing the
kit, I would suggest thinking about having the seats finished by someone
with experience.  If you choose to go ahead, take your time and don't let
this one car show dictate your enjoyment of the seats for years to come.

        Hope this helps

Kelvin.