Re: Clutch problem

To: James Porco <jporco@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch problem
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 21:49:59 +0100
Hi Jim,

Looks like galloping clutch drag to me.
It might be possible to select gears more easily if you pump the clutch
pedal a few times first. If this is the case, it's a fluid/seal problem.
This is not neccssarily the master-could be the slave.
Cheapest solution-strip down and re-rubber both cylinders. *Very* minor
scratching/pitting on pistons or cylinder walls can be polished out
but anything that will catch a fingernail will kill seals so you'd have
to go for new or sleeved cylinders.
However, if both are affected, it could just be age and/or contamination
which has taken out the seals.
Best of luck,

Dave Hill