Window winding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Window winding
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:51:44 +0200
To openor close the windows in my 70' GT is getting tough. I have to use
force, bot winding up, and down. So I believe something can be done.
I have looked at the manuals, looks 'fairly easy', to remove the whole
mechanism, but I have no description of how it works . In one of the manuals
I have, one of the screws is called 'adjustment screw.
So:
Any surprises in there ?
How do I adjust the force needed for  winding ?

Lots of rain lately.
The 'trunk' of my GT is getting wet. Also the 'side pockets' in the rear   I
have new rubber on the tailgate, and cannot see any water coming in there.
 I think the rear lights is a good place to start ? Anywhere else. ?

BTW.
Someone broke into my car, on saturday night. They have turned the cowl for
the steering column around a bit, looking for the ignition switch. Then they
saw it on the dash,  removed the radio blanking plate, removed all cables
from the switch, but could not start the car, obviously. Inside door opener
does not work. My Fluke AVO meter is gone, perhaps. Nothing else from what I
could find yesterday.

This small damage is not the worst. But, will they try again ? This was in
the garage complex that I use at home. I only park my MG there on those days
I use the it. But autum, rain, darker evenings.. snow...
I will probably use it less and less.
I don't like winter

Jon
1970 MGB GT