More on Z-s to dual HI4's conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Z-s to dual HI4's conversion
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 99 15:21:42 EDT
Morning,
 Seems like every step in this conversion leads to its own problems.
This AM I successfully attached the header pipe to the exhaust manifold with
the help of my son only to realize when looking at the Moss catalog
that I left off the gasket for the exhaust flange.  Can someone tell
me whether this gasket is necessary? I thought I was doing good, what an with
my fat hands and so little space?

   To do it my son stayed on top and held the unattached manifold just above the
steering column so I had room to attach the screws to the flange of th
the headpipe.
   Now I realize I may have to do it all over again.
That is what I get for being a rank amateur.

Second question: The distance between the top holes of the intake
manifold boltholes is about 9.5 in (about 3.8 cm for you metricians).
After I attach the two carbs with the linkage, the equivalent distance
is about 10 inches (4 cms).
    Do multiple linkages exist and I have a set for a different pair of
carbs or what? or is the setup of this pair for a different intake
manifold?   I could use some thoughts here too on how to proceed?

TIA,
Bill
'76B - me
'91 Camray - SO