Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question. VeryImportant

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: For those in England: NonLBC way of life question. VeryImportant
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:04:34 -0400
Mike,

Sorry to eavesdrop on your e-mail... I failed to look at the subject
before
reading it. You (and your girlfriend) have a responsibility to hold your
tongue(s). You don't know what happened, because you weren't there. If
you
choose to believe the girlfriend, that is your choice. In this country,
a mere
accusation of this kind can become a character assassination and
terribly
expensive for his defense even if he is found innocent. Then I hope he
would sue
his false accuser for irreparable harm to his good name and reputation.

"Filing" a complaint as a precaution against it happening again ignores
the fact
that this is what motivates the legal/police business to prosecute and
convict
innocent people... money. If you really want to document it, have her
write a
statement, seal it in an envelope, and have the postal service put a
date stamp
over the seam of the flap. Then store it safely away. You can even send
him a
copy.

Since you have known and trusted him, maybe you should call him on the
phone and
have a friendly chat about it before you jump the gun and make a false
accusation. This will also serve him notice that you know what she said.
If you
were ready to go there to "kill the SOB", surely you can muster the
eloquence to
advise him to stay away from her, including to not confront her about
telling
you. This would be for his own good too. Always bear in mind that it is
easy for
a woman to make such an accusation, including as a cover-up to something
she
did. It is very difficult to stop the ball once it gets rolling.

In common sense 101, she should have learned to avoid situations like
being
alone in a stairwell with a stranger. Just as he has a responsibility to
leave
her alone, she has a responsibility to avoid giving suggestive signals.
You too
should hope that he isn't murdered during your next visit to London,
'cause you
just told 500 people you are pondering killing someone. Yikes! I
wouldn't want
to be in your shoes.

Don't play with dynamite if you don't like loud noises.

Jim

PS: I fail to see the connection here with MG's, other than one man
asking for
advice from some others. Good luck my friend.