Re: Decent Heat

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Decent Heat
From: MGRagtop@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:33:09 EDT
Yes, you caught me on the Peter Egan quote!
I wasn't trying to catch ya, It's just that it's a great quote!!!!  I use it
myself all the time! Egan is great!!

I actually don't understand why people use 165 degree thermostats in the

summer. It seems completely pointless, since the normal operating

temperature of the engine is 180-190.

 I just purchased my car last spring. The PO had the 165 'stat in it,
changing it to a 180 is on the list of things to do. I feel that I don't need
a 190, I only use the car from April to Late October so heat is not really an
issue. My car runs better when the temp goes up to 180-190, when it's really
hot outside or I'm driving it harder than normal it sometimes goes over 200.
Right now the 165 is a bit too cool, the ambient temp around here is in the
50s and 60s.

Stephen P Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB