Re: Roller throw out bearing

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Roller throw out bearing
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:44:27 -0500
At 09:32 AM 10/21/1999 , Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>  Let's face facts boys an' girls, the only place we see the graphite
>throwout bushings is in our LBCs.  The millions of other stick shift
>cars/trucks on the road have roller or ball bearings in them.  Now just
>how bad can the bearings be?
>
>  CR
        Perhaps, just perhaps, those "other stick shift cars/truck" were
_designed_ to have roller or ball bearings in them. I'm guessing that the
choice of bearings wasn't an afterthought. Perhaps some other accomodations
could be made to our LBCs to make better use of the non-carbon bearings...
ie. change in arm or modification of a quill.
        Peter C
                carbon fan