Re: Roller throw out bearing

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roller throw out bearing
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:19:14 +0100
I think the real reason has got lost in all this, erm, discussion about
roller (spit!) bearings.  The cause of the idle drop is probably worn
crankshaft thrust washers.  If you idle the engine and have your assistant
push the clutch up and down, and if you look at the crankshaft pulley and
see it moving back and fore, then it would tend to be confirmed.

PaulH.