RE: Parting out latest addition to the stable

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parting out latest addition to the stable
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:45:43 -0600
> The bonnet release cable is frozen, but the
> engine is complete and ran fine when it was
> garaged.  So here we are...
> First I know there is a trick for opening the
> bonnet when the cable is frozen, refresh my memory.

James, no special trick.  Ya just gotta use a coat hanger or
something similar to pull the release lever to the right
(when you are facing the front of the car).

Here's the trick.  I took an old accelerator cable (you know
the one that broke and left you stranded) and threaded it
through the hole at the end of the hood release lever, right
along side the existing hood release cable.  I just let it
dangle behind the grill.  In an emergency you can retrieve
the dangling cable and give it a tug and the hood will open.

Larry Hoy