Re: Road Kit & Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Kit & Tools
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:51:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/25/99 9:51:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eugeneb@nni.com
writes:

<<  Also, I have been looking for a tool kit for the trunk.  Since it has to
 go in the trunk, it has to be relatively compact.  Any suggestions ?
 Saw a kit at Costco that was fairly inclusive including fold-up tool box.
 My first thought was "no way", it can't be any good because of the price.
 However if it is just going to sit in the trunk for most of it's life,
 then maybe it is good enough.  Comments ?? >>

I recommend that you buy a plastic tool box that is the right size and then
buy the tools you need for your car and fill it.  Always buy good quality
tools.  If you breakdown on the road and need the tools, you can really cause
some damage with inferior tools that don't fit properly.  A kit may seem like
a good buy, but it is usually bigger than you need and contains stuff you
will never use.  I understand that Lowes has some pretty good quality tools
at low prices.

Check the list archive for the spares kit.
http://www.listquest.com/auto/index.html

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget