Re: Road And Track MG Rumors...

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Re: Road And Track MG Rumors...
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:10:55 -0500
Skye Poier wrote:

> Word on the street is that Rocky Frisco said:
> > Wouldn't surprise me if they (BMRoverW) would carry their
> > badge-engineering plans a bit further and offer their "Millennium"
> > aboMINIation with Austin, Morris, MG, Triumph or Riley decals, with
> > different grills for each "marque."  ;)
>
> I was just in NYC and saw the Millenium Mini at the MoMA, and I gotta
> disagree here, its a hell of a looker IMO.  Built on the MGF platform.
>
> Bring it on :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but that wasn't the Millennium Mini at all.
BMW/Rover are playing marketing games. That was a concept car introduced
at some shows a few years back, called the "ACV30." I like it a lot more
than the so-called "New Mini."

To see what they have done to the Mini, have a glance at:
http://www.automedia-online.de/e_spion.htm   and scroll down to "Rover."

When you look at the photos, remember this car is a good deal bigger
than a real Mini. Those wheels are 16" diameter.

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com
Rocky's Mini Cooper Page: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/