Re: MG withdddrawls

To: Pat bailey <phbailey@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG withdddrawls
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 09:56:12 -0500
Pat bailey wrote:

> Michael Jose wrote:
> >

> > certainly it isn't a right for me, because the amount of smog coming out
> > of my car is killing the rainforest, etc.
> >
> Recent studies have shown that cars AREN'T producing anywhere the amount
> of pollution that we have been
> told.The most comes from dieseltrucks(

I am not in the science field but I had thought the diference was
although diesel truck put out alot of visible particulate matter it was
not as much as a problem as the sulpher dioxide produced by gasoline
powered cars. I agree in you supposition that power plants (especially
midwest ones) need increased scrubbing. I think we on the New England
coast pay a dear price for being at the end of the tailpipe. But, what
ever pollution producer we are talking about they are all doing damage.
Does that mean I am going to go out and put a bullet in my polluting
67B? No, but it does mean that I try to keep it in the best tune I can
to minimize the damage done. I should also be a vegetarian due to grain
production being a hell of alot more efficient than beef production.
But, ya just can't beat the taste of a good steak every now and then.
 Where was I going with this anyways?
Carl
Going to burger king in my MG, back in a bit.