Re: MG withdddrawls

To: Pat bailey <phbailey@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG withdddrawls
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:00:55 -0700 (MST)
These pollution numbers should be readily available from the EPA.  I don't
know, but they probably have a website and I'm sure buried in it somewhere
are studdies showing amount of pollution for different things such as
cars, trucks, factories, etc.  Do a search on EPA or on pollution studies
and you should come up with what you are looking for.  BTW I have heard
the same things as you have Pat.  My recolection is that the little bit of
polluting that cars still do (2% maybe) would more than double the cost of
building a car if it were to be removed.  The reason that 18-wheelers can
get away with thier mobile smokescreens is that they have very powerful
lobbies in washington, same for mfg.  Cars get picked on because there
isn't much of a consumer lobby to protect us.  Cars get picked on and the
people buy it.  I think that I heard once that in this country lawn mowers
actually produce more polutants per year than cars do.  I would be
interested to hear the real numbers if you find them.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'74 BGT going by-by soon