Rocker Panel Replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker Panel Replacement
From: Elliott DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:21:48 -0500
We are restoring a 71 MGB and need to replace the rocker panels.  We
have the new panels (3 pieces each side) and would appreciate some
guidance. 1) The car is completely stripped, with the body sitting on
the running gear only. Should we first take the body off the running
gear or not?  2) What suggestions do you have for bracing the car to
maintain its structural integrity while cutting out the old panels and
welding in the new? 3) The sills look OK.  Should we replace them anyway
while we are replacing the rocker panels and floorboards?  Has anyone
written on this subject?  Any insight you have would be greatly
appreciated.

Elliott DeGraff
2 71 MGBs